the festival certainly taught us a lot. I feel that the most valuable lessons are as follows
NOTE: the order of these lessons in no way signifies any importance or chronological significance. thank you
1. we are not a good as we think but have potential
2. we are evolving as a troupe, it’s come time to face that fact.
3. some of us are tightrope walkers while others are just safety nets
4. sheetz is the best gas station this side of the ‘james’!
5. we are anti-social
6. ray parker jr. was in the process of consuming a mountain of cocaine when he recorded the ‘ghostbusters’ theme song
7. the new fall comedy to watch will be ‘my hot daughter’
8. we learned ore about improv in this past week than we did in the past five years.
9. richmond, while kinda boring, is a pretty swell place. the people are a blast. also waffle house.
10. jimmy is somehow better at making mixtapes than i am. what the fuck!
now what follows is a list of stands form our trip. most are people, some are objects. the order is in descending from good to better to best.
10. girls in richmond that make us feel like we are at the 8th grade dance all over again. by that i mean making us feel awkward and socially inept inside. you know someone is special when you don’t know what to say back to them
9. chris from ‘hotlanta’ for making us unsure whether he liked us or hated us, though we are 99.9% sure he kinda liked us, but maybe didn’t like the cursing.
8. improv instructors that blow you’re fucking mind and show you that the road is just beginning.
7. ‘illegal refill’ for letting us smoke their hooka. also for being from philly, show these rebels who really know how to throw revolutions.
6. ‘cuddles’ for showing us how useless eric stallings is as a team captain.
5.girls in richmond that make us feel like we are at the 8th grade dance all over again. by that i mean making us feel awkward and socially inept inside. you know someone is special when you don’t know what to say back to them. but really did we stand a chance against girls with tattoos, monroes, lisps, or liberal arts/fine arts majors. no we didn’t. but i swear to god we are actually interesting people.
4. vladamir for being the only waiter at waffle house who didn’t have a southern accent. also for never bringing brown his order of grits.
3. Bonnie Tyler for teaching us to believe even when up against all odds. we needed a hero but we got a heroine
2. Curtis for having the courage to acknowledge us in front of his co-workers as we walked into the hotel with four cases of beer.
and the most stand up of the stand up persons at RIF 2008 as judged by Death By Improv!
1. jesse for being the only person who truly liked our show. also for being the only guy who probably could have gotten us pot/weed. we salute you, wandering spirit!
stay frosty true believers
tiger force forever