Next Class begins: Sept 17th
6 weeks of improv training
Take Your Improv to the next stage.
You’ve taken DBI’s Improv Elements and are craving more?
Or You’ve done some improv somewhere else before, and want to jump into the thick of it?
Then Improv Performance Essentials is for you.
In Elements, or any beginner’s improv class, you got introduced to the concept of “Yes And” as well as a bit of Spontaneity, Playfulness, Acceptance, Heightening, Character, Emotion, and more.
In Performance Essentials, we focus on the skills that DBI relies on most. Character and Game. Learn to play with your voice, body, and point of view. And learn to play the games of improv, both the defined short-form games that frame our shows, as well as the hidden games of the scene that we are constantly creating.
Previous Improv Experience equivalent to our Improv Elements class is required. If you have played or studied elsewhere, email Classes@deathbyimprov.com for approval.
- Tuesday, Sept 17, 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Tuesday, Sept 24, 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Tuesday, Oct 1, 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Tuesday, Oct 8, 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Tuesday, Oct 15, 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Tuesday, Oct 22, 7:30pm-9:30pm
- FRIDAY, October 25th, 8:00pm (opening act at Death By Improv’s show)